The Chant of Savant

Tuesday 2 April 2013

A day Kenya went to dogs

From left: ICC Chief Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda, William Ruto and President-elect Uhuru Kenyatta. Photos | AFP and FILE |
Although to vote for who they think they like is Kenyans sacred right, we need to look at the way this right was exercised. Being a sane person, firstly:
I thought that other sane bin-Adams like me'd think like me if not close to  how I think. Looking at ICC indictees like Uhuru Kenyatta and  his buddy William Ruto even if I loved them, I'd not vote for them. Who knows? What seems immoral to one person maybe right to another. Again, it'll take the world many centuries to see the rationale of voting for indictees and put the nation in danger. It is a reality that Uhuru Kenyatta is the forth president of Kenya. Seriously, if you ignore the charges he faces before ICC and look at his business and policy, sane mind won't even consider him to run for the highest office in the land forget about being voted in.
Sadly though, Uhuru and his comrade-in-Crime Ruto, shamelessly vied for presidency and deputy presidency. Again, it needs the courage of the mad. Ironically, while sane minds look at it this way, Kenyans looked at it in a different and baffling manner.
To me, the day Kenyans though not all voted UHURUTO in, she went to dogs. Don't ask me how can a whole nation be such parochial and archaic. Go to Nairobi and ask them how tribal alliances and votes help the nation.
I'll always be unapologetic when it comes to the rationale of  how Kenyans goofed and were duped..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover!!! That's What Kenyans needed and that's what they got, and are very satisfied. So stop preaching your ideas. The people who put him there were very much sane!!

Ndugu Nkwazi N Mhango said...

Dear Carol,
I am not preaching as you have put it. Again I am entitled to my ideas. So too, I am just wondering but not preaching. I am not the only one interrogating the sanity of voting ICC indictees in.
Thanks